The Commercial Kitchen Pollution control unit
KPC inflict to intensive UV-C light on to grease particles which disrupt them and then oxidizes them through the ductwork with ozone which causes contaminants in the air to be destroyed, resulting in the reduction of odor emissions to the surroundings and no grease deposits in the ductwork. This process reduces the odor emitted to the surroundings.
We recommend that ducts are manually cleaned before installing a JIMCO commercial kitchen pollution control unit for air cleaning.
The advantages of using a JIMCO KPC system means the traditional problems with air filtration are eliminated.
Examples are: high chimneys, electrostatic filters, activated carbon filters, scrubbers, deodorizing oils etc.
Photolytic oxidation - JIMCO Technology in KPC
Photolytic oxidation is a combination of photolysis and ozonolysis. Both processes are needed in order to obtain the wanted effect. Photolysis is a photodecomposition process and is the effect of the UV-C radiation. Organic molecules (e.g. fat, grease and oil) will be broken down by photons, when they are exposed to UV-C light. Ozonolysis is the oxidation process and is the effect of the natural ozone produced by the lamps.
The photo decomposed and broken organic molecules will be exposed to ozone and the ozone will make a cold incineration with the organic molecules and oxidize them. The photolytic oxidation process leaves no volatile compounds. Photolytic oxidation in the commercial kitchen pollution control unit for air cleaningis used in hoods to neutralize grease particles, grease vapours and organic compounds which are not captured by the primary filtering system.