The Jimco lamps are placed in a steel frame, which is installed behind the grease filters in the hood or in case where this is not possible due to lack of space, in an enclosure immediately above the hood.
Exposure to intensive UV-C light and ozone oxidation causes contaminants in the air to be destroyed, resulting in the reduction of odour emissions to the surroundings and no grease deposits in the ductwork. This process reduces the odour emitted to the surroundings. At the same time a small quantity of excess of ozone is generated to maintain the ducts in a clean condition and to destroy previously existing grease deposits within the ductwork. We recommend that ducts be manually cleaned before installing a Jimco KPC system.
The advantages of using a JIMCO KPC system means the traditional problems with air filtration are eliminated.
Examples are: high chimneys, electrostatic filters, activated carbon filters, scrubbers, deodorizing oils etc.
- Decreases risk of fire
- Tested and dependable equipment
- Reduces odour to the surroundings
- No use of chemicals or deodorizing oils
- No use of filters, e.g. active carbon or catalysts
- No use of microbiology
- No residues or liquid substances
- Eliminates the need to regularly clean the hood
- and the kitchen exhaust ductwork
- Maximum exhaust due to clean ductwork
- Compact installation, needs only limited space
- Immediate on/off function
- Pressure differential guards for fan failure
- Competitive installation costs
- Low operating and maintenance costs
- Option: heat re-use
- Simpel to install in existing hoods